Business Services

Building Permits & Inspections

  • Before commencing the construction, alteration, or moving of any building or structure or to change the use of a building, or structure, or of land, except changes in agricultural crops, until all necessary permits have been issued.
  • Permit Types: Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Grading and Logging
  • The homeowner will only be allowed to purchase the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits when they are performing actual said work (must meet with the Building Official before permits can be issued to home owners). Permits are required for any work valued at over $1,000 or when an inspection is required.
  • The Department requires 24 to 48 hours for the inspector to complete the inspection.
  • You must call the Building Department and request an inspection. The inspection will be scheduled as soon as possible. The inspector will need to inspect the footings, slab, rough in, final before the power can be released. If everything is complete we will contact the power company and issue a CO (Certificate of Occupancy).

Business License/Occupational Tax

  • Applications can be obtained from the Code Enforcement office.
  • Renewal Date: On or Before March 1 of each calendar year.
  • For detail information on ordinance and fees, contact the Code Enforcement office.

Alcoholic Beverage License

  • Applications can be obtained from the Code Enforcement office.
  • Renewal Date: On or before December 31 of each calendar year.

Land Use Code Regulations

  • Subdivision Regulations
  • Manufactured Home Park Regulations
  • Flood Ordinances
  • Soil, Erosion and Sedimentation Control Ordinance
  • Special Use Restrictions
  • Building Codes

To view the full Code of Ordinances for Baldwin County published by the Municipal Code Corporation, click here.


Building Permit Application

Trade Permit Application

Logging Permit Application

Outdoor Event Registration Form